The 2021 Montana Student Volunteer Award recognizes college student volunteers across the state who have dedicated their efforts to serving the community while also pursuing their college degrees and certificates. Recipients are recognized with a certificate from the Governor’s Office at a prominent campus event.***
- Student must be enrolled at a Montana Campus Compact affiliate institution.
- Student must have recent volunteer experience within the state of Montana and/or through their college.
- Student must be willing to receive the award at an agreed-upon campus event (virtual, sporting, or otherwise).
- All students currently enrolled in an MTCC institution are eligible for nomination.
- Selected nominees will be vetted by the Governor’s staff. If the nominee does not meet the criteria, another nominee will be selected.
Submit the completed nomination form along with a digital photo of the student by November 12, 2021
NOMINATION & AWARD PROCESS:
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, November 12, 2021.
- MTCC will send nominations to the Governor’s Office of Community Service for review and approval of the nomination.
- Upon approval, the Governor’s staff will notify the nominator and/or campus representative and mail the award certificate to the campus.
- Once the certificate is received, the nominator or campus representative will coordinate with the Student Volunteer Award recipient to determine an appropriate campus event for the award presentation*
- The nominator or campus representative determines the presentation method for the event. We encourage co-presenting with a Campus Compact Board or CEO Council member and Advisory Committee member, but the presenter can be the nominator, another campus representative, campus CEO, and/or other staff or faculty member(s).
- Once the event date has been selected, the nominator or campus representative will notify the Governor’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Josh Vanek at MTCC (email@example.com) via email.
- If possible, campus staff takes a photo, shares it on social media, and with the Governor’s Office and Campus Compact, via emails above.
Thank you for participating in our Montana Athletes in Service Awards. As a Montana Campus Compact Affiliate, you may nominate one person to receive this award. This award has 3 specific goals:
- To honor civically engaged student-athletes from MTCC campuses for their commitment and engagement in community service;
- To raise awareness for civic engagement programs at MTCC member campuses.
- To highlight student-athletes as role models to encourage more civic engagement activities throughout Montana.
Each student-athlete should be considered for the award based on the following criteria:
- amount of time spent on volunteer service to the community;
- the student-athlete’s overall commitment to service; and
- the impact or legacy left by the service.
The student-athlete chosen can participate in any type of physical sporting event. This can include varsity athletics like soccer, basketball, volleyball, baseball, football, golf, etc. as well as non-traditional sports and physical events like logger sports, cycling, basketball, Indian relay, roller derby, pow-wow dancing, coaching, etc.
This award will be presented at the Brawl of the Wild Football game at Washington Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, November 20th, 2021.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, November 5, 2021
Thank you for your interest in the Montana Campus Compact VISTA Program. Please read the information and links on our website (http://bit.ly/MTCC_Yearlong_VISTA) before filling out this application. All items marked with a red asterisk must be complete before you submit your application.
If you have any questions about hosting a VISTA or the host application process, contact Josh Vanek at 406-243-5175 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or VISTA Program Manager, Callye Foster at 406-243-2379 or email@example.com. If you have any technical problems with the Submittable application, please call Kathy Peters at 406-243-3135.
PRIORITY DEADLINE: January 15, 2021
Priority Submission instructions: All applications submitted to the MTCC network office by January 15, 2021 will be considered a priority placement. Required Supporting Documents must be submitted with signatures. Submissions turned in after January 15, 2021 will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, and funding priority will be given to applications arriving by the deadline.
MTCC VISTA Application Timeline
- January 15th: Priority application deadline
- January 18th - 29th : Clarification period
- February 5th: Award notification/Candidate recruitment begins
- Early July TBA: Host site preparation webinar
- Early July: Orientation for members, service begins
- Mid/Late August: Orientation for members, service begins
Thank you for your interest in the Montana Campus Compact AmeriCorps Program.
MTCC affiliate campuses and their partners are encouraged to apply to host an MTCC AmeriCorps Team to support college access and success programming. MTCC AmeriCorps teams are dedicated to encouraging students and families to consider, plan for, and apply for post secondary education.
MTCC AmeriCorps Team Priority Areas: Applications will be ranked according to the following priority area:
- High School Coaches mentoring and supporting Junior and Seniors to consider, plan for, and apply for post secondary education. Enhancing the college going culture of Montana high schools. Program Design and curriculum will be provided.
- College Success and Retention mentoring and supporting college students.
To begin the AmeriCorps host site application process, scroll down this page. You may save and come back to this application as many times as needed, but all questions must be answered before submitting.
If you have any questions about hosting an AmeriCorps Team or the application process, call Dannette Fadness at 406-243-5181. If you experience technical issues with the Submittable application, call Kathy Peters at 406-243-5135.
DEADLINE: Priority Deadline: January 15, 2021
Priority Submission instructions: All applications submitted to the MTCC network office on or before January 15th will be considered a priority placement. Required Supporting Documents must be submitted with signatures at this time. Submissions received after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding priority will be given to applications arriving by the deadline.
MTCC AmeriCorps RFP Timeline
- February: AmeriCorps Leader recruitment begins.
- July/August TBA: Host site preparation webinar
- September 1: Member service begins. Pre-Service Orientation for AmeriCorps Leaders is the first five days of service.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2022 George M. Dennison Civic Engagement Scholarship. At least nine $1000 scholarships will be awarded in these categories (three scholarships per category): tribal and community colleges; 4-year colleges; flagship universities (UM and MSU). The $1000 scholarships combine a $500 cash payment with a $500 waiver or scholarship from the winner's college or university .
All the information below must be complete in order for you to submit your application. You can save your application and come back to work on it as many times as needed before submitting. Until you click the "submit" button, we will not receive any part of your application.
- You must be an undergraduate student in good standing, currently enrolled at a MTCC affiliate campus.
- You must be attending a MTCC Affiliate campus in Spring 2022.
- You must have filed a FAFSA application for the 2021-22 school year.
- Your application and references must be submitted by November 8, 2021.
If you already have a full tuition waiver for Spring 2022 your application will be disqualified.
Your application MUST be submitted on or before November 8, 2021.
If you have any questions or have technical difficulties with your submission, please contact Pete Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org (best) or call 406-243-5135.
Thank you for your interest in the Montana Campus Compact Summer Associate Program. Please read the information and links on our website before filling out this application.
Priority Deadline: Monday March 5, 2021. Applications will be reviewed upon submission, therefore applying before the deadline may ensure that finite grant resources are still available.
All items marked with a red asterisk must be complete before you submit your application. If you have any questions about hosting a Summer Associate or the host application process, call Callye Foster at 406-243-2379 or 813-362-2684.